UUI Thought Leaders Forum
An online forum for exploring new directions and integrative
thinking informed by The Urantia Book in science,
religion, philosophy and human systems
Click this link to: UrantiaUniversity Thought Leaders Forum Archives
July Forum Topic:
Experience and the Quest for Cosmic Citizenship
Saturday, July 1, 2017
at 12:00-1:00 PM Mountain Time USA
Links to videos and educational materials:
Video Presentation: Click this link to view a short, pre-recorded video of David's 15-minute presentation on "Personal Religious Experience and the Quest for Cosmic Citizenship"
Recording of Complete Thought Leaders Forum: Click this link to view a Full-length Recording of the Thought Leaders Forum with David Kantor (includes both David's 15-minute video and the Q&A session)
Supplemental Educational Materials from David Kantor on the Topic:
1. A Roadmap of the Journey Through the Psychic Circles, by David Kantor. This material is derived from the work of Dr. James Fowler as set forth in his book, "Stages of Faith: The Psychology of Human Development and the Quest for Meaning." Fowler's work is based on the stage theories of psychological and social maturation developed by Erick Erickson, Jean Piaget and Lawrence Kohlberg. This study attempts to correlate their work with The Urantia Book's material on faith and spiritual growth, in particular the ascent through the psychic circles of consciousness of progressive kinship with the cosmic actuality of the Supreme Being.
2. Seraphic Ministry in a Personal Universe, by David Kantor. This study reviews the way in which seraphic ministry is conducted in the context of interpersonal relationships at multiple levels in the universe.
3. Spiritual Genetics, by Stephen Dreier. We accept the notion that God is our Father but do we appreciate some of the qualities we inherit from him as his children? This essay by Steve Dreier provides an overview of qualities derived from the Father which form the foundations or our personalities.
Additional Suggested Reading
Rolnick, Philip A.; Person, Grace, and God. If you’re a Urantia Book reader who enjoys scholarly but readable expositions in theology, you might find this to be an extremely helpful book related to your understanding of personality. Dr. Rolnick provides a well-informed overview of the history of the development of the concept of personhood and in his concluding chapter integrates concepts of personality from The Urantia Book with current leading-edge thinking on the topic, resulting in a significant degree of revelation. Highly recommended.
Summary Statement by the Presenter:
Are we attempting to assimilate a new revelation using old paradigms of thinking, just as did the apostles?
In popular religion today, personal religious experience is often understood as the cultivation of particular states of consciousness and the construction of an idealized self. How does this relate to the Urantia Book’s vision of a quest for cosmic citizenship in a personal universe?
Join us for a reconsideration of our fundamental ontological situation, and the implications for cultivating personal religious experience.
About the Presenter:
David has been a reader of The Urantia Book since 1966 and active in Urantia reader community affairs 1972. He has served on the General Council as well as the Executive Committee of the Urantia Book Fellowship. Between 1995 and 2014 he worked to create a presence for the Fellowship and the revelation on the Internet. In 2014 he started Urantia Book Films, focusing solely on a more aggressive promotion of the book through film, video, and social media. He produced and directed the feature-length film, Re-Imagining Jesus, which has been viewed by thousands of people.
Prior to retirement, David worked in technical software development, designing software for the management of corporate voice and data networks. He has spoken at conferences and worked with reader groups in Central and South America as well as Russia and Eastern Europe. His personal interests include enjoying the Rocky Mountain wilderness and an ongoing study of Christian theology as it relates to The Urantia Book.
Click on the DONATE NOW button to make your donation to UUI's Thought Leader Forum
Donations to UrantiaUniversity Institute are made through Network For Good*, an online fundraising platform for charities and non-profit organizations.
Your financial contributions to UrantiaUniversity help us to keep our classes and webinars free and to underwrite the cost of producing future high-quality video presentations for the Thought Leaders Forum and other UUI educational videos. These videos will be made available on our website for future viewing by thousands of people visiting UUI’s website and YouTube channel.
These channels are a powerful way to share the applied teachings of The Urantia Book through the Internet and social media with an ever-increasing number of readers around the world, much like TED Talks has done.
Thank you very much for helping UUI to grow!
* Network For Good was founded in 2001 by America Online, Cisco Systems and Yahoo! and has processed over $1 billion in donations since inception.
1. The knowledge of things.
2. The realization of meanings.
3. The appreciation of values.
4. The nobility of work – duty.
5. The motivation of goals – morality.
6. The love of service – character.
7. Cosmic insight – spiritual discernment.